Welcome and Enjoy!!

Happy New Year!! This has been a great cake year for me and I am so glad that I have been able to share them with all of you. Some through just pictures and some through actually eating and enjoying the cakes. This year my goal is to improve more, help more, teach more, learn more, and keep getting better and better to eventually do cakes full time! Fingers crossed! I hope you all have sweet dreams and happy goals to chase after and conquer this year. Always remember.............its because you deserve it!




Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Sesame Street


When I was researching what to do for this cake I came across a new technique, well new to me anyway, it is called frozen buttercream. It was the funnest thing to do, it is just like colorflow except you are using your regular buttercream to outline and color in a pattern and then you stick it in the freezer. Once it sets up hard you put it on the cake but as it warms up it softens out just like regular frosting so you can still eat it will the cake. I thought it was an awesome technique and couldnt believe I havent come across it before. The characters on the cake are the frozen buttercream, the rest is all fondant.

No comments:

Post a Comment